I’m typically not one for berets but damn if this one isn’t lovely! Is there anything a granny square can’t do?
I love the idea of crocheted cactus! I’m sure you’ve seen these before but using them as pin cushions…marvelous. Free pattern!
I need one of these in the worst way. I have tried using digital versions on my phone and I still get lost. Sometimes, the old ways are the best, eh? Its says it’s for knitting but I would use it to also keep track of my rows in crochet. It could be universal. They can’t tell us what to do.
I don’t know where are the cuteness is coming from lately but I am loving it! Free pattern on Ravelry by Twinkie Chan.
Well, thank you White Heights for the Liebster nomination! This the part where I shuffle my feet and get embarrassed that I have to actually talk about myself.
1. Where are you from? Where would you like to go?
- I am from Florida by way of California. I did a lot of relocating as a kid but the place that feels most like home is Arizona. I would love to go back to Japan. What an awesome and rich culture.
2. What is your biggest talent?
- Creating. I love painting, drawing, sculpting, and of course, crochet. It started with knitting but I find crochet comes more easily and gives the most joy.
3. If you owned a shop, what would you sell?
- If I had a shop it would be a mad mixture of all the ornaments and chotchkies of a Hallmark plus a ton of yarn and crafts accessories. And hot coffee always for the customers. That’s what heaven looks like, I’m pretty sure.
4. Where did your blog name come from?
- I first started knitting and crocheting after I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder/Bipolar Type 2 to help keep my mind and hands busy and not go nuts. There’s only so much meds can do, so I got a hobby. I am a knitting neurotic. Except now I mostly crochet.
5. What made you start a blog?
- Pretty much the same reason I chose my blog name. I needed a positive outlet and healthy distraction from all the things I was freaking out over. Turns out it was more fun than I thought! You get to connect with people who share your love of a craft and that has been my favorite part of keeping it going.
6.What is your favourite Tv programme?
- Family Guy and Dr Who. Both are easy to crochet with.
7.What is the one thing you cannot live without?
- Books. I don’t care what it is, I bet it’s good and I’ll read twice. Except for biographies, you can keep those.
8. What is your favourite post? Include a link!
- Post of my own? Yuck! I don’t know! PASS!
9. Name 2 things you must do before you die?
- 1) Live in Japan for at least a year and 2) Live in Japan for a year. At least.
10.If there was one person you would not want to read your blog who would it be and why?
- Ooooh. That’s tough because what if they did then they would see that I didn’t want them to read it and there will confrontation, which I hate. I’m honored that anyone would take time read my blog as it is.
My nominees are…
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. And what is the number one reason you continue it?
3. If you could start it over, what would you change?
4. What is your biggest talent?
5. Name 2 things you must do before you die.
6. What is your favorite way to unwind?
7. Your favorite place to eat out?
8. Books or magazines?
9.What is your most prized possession?
10. Would you rather have glow in the dark body hair or have Darth Vader’s theme song play every time you enter a room?
Cat Butt Coasters by Shanna Compton of Hooks + Balls. I just died laughing.